Well, I have been on staff with YWAM now for a little more than a month and I am absolutely loving it. Have you ever felt like you could look back and pinpoint times where God had specifically placed you somewhere and then that place led to another until you were at another place where His purpose just unfolded? That is where I am right now. All the missions trips I've been on and the ministry I've done in and out of the country has prepared me for right now. My opportunities for leadership in my youth groups- leading small groups, doing community outreach, co leading worship times. I never knew why I always just ended up being involved in things. Thrown into leadership positions I didn't think I could handle. I could have been the kind of Christian who just went to church and attended youth group, but no, God had me training from the time I was 13 to get me where I am today.
I have been feeling an overwhelming sense of love from God since my revelation of this. If He didn't love me then He wouldn't bother orchestrate my life in such a way that I could put it together like a puzzle. I am such a blessed Child of God. I know the puzzle is far from being complete, but I feel like I've seen the bottom right corner at least!
All of the students and most of the staff went to Kona last week for a conference. The few of us left behind had a pretty relaxing week. God really used this time to refresh me, although I spent most of the time in bed, sick with strep throat and laryngitis (therefore unable to speak... and actually still currently cannot speak for a few more days- doctor's orders.) It was a time of reflection and a I had a very quiet spirit. God really wrapped His arms around me and whispered into my ear about dreams and His purpose for my time here.
Anyway, all we have to do is quiet our hearts and stop talking so much and God will refresh us with His whispers. That is the biggest lesson I've taken away from this "experience" of fasting from talking and now it is one I will treasure and put into much more practice in my times with Him.
Most recently, I've been involved with a ministry for Purity. In January, we had our first "prayer rumble." It was an amazing time of worship, confession, and intercession. I found myself up in front of everyone crying out for God to birth in me a spirit of desperation for Him. It was an incredible time and the Holy Spirit was there working in us before we stood out for purity. The next day, we all met in front of a local porn shop on Maui to have a "Purity Seige." The leaders of this ministry went into the porn shop to talk with the employees and actually got to lay hands on the guy and pray for him. It was awesome! So we stood out, off the property with white linen strips of cloth over our eyes and just prayed. We worshipped and prayed for an hour and then we left. The police came because people were calling saying that too many people were paying more attentino to us than the road! The officers were kind and actually recognized a few people with us and told us to call them if we needed any help with anything. Oh the favor of God! I know that God move the heavens that day. This ministry will be meeting once a month to fight in the spiritual realm for purity on Maui.
You can check out the video of our first Purity Seige here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SKDmAT9k1s
Well, that's what I'm up too these days and what God has been teaching me. I'd love to hear about what God's doing in your life. Keep checking up on my blog it will be updated weekly!
Love,
Angela
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment